The substitute teacher application process must be completed in the following order:
1. Substitute Teacher Application and REQUIRED Supporting Documents
• Complete an online application at www.evscschools.com
• Upload copies of official transcripts verifying at least 60 hours of college coursework
• Submit three EVSC reference forms. Must utilize professional references - family members and friends will not be accepted.
• Upload a copy of your valid Indiana teaching license if applicable. If you do not hold a valid Indiana teaching license, you will be provided instructions to submit for an Indiana substitute teacher permit upon completion of the first three bullets.
2. National Background Check
• After completing all the steps in Step 1, the applicant will be contacted by email and provided instructions on requesting the required online background check from our provider, MBI. The applicant is responsible for the $23 fee, payable online with a personal credit or debit card.
3. Indiana Teaching License or Indiana Substitute Permit
• A valid Indiana teaching license or Indiana substitute permit is required to work as a substitute teacher in Indiana.
• If the applicant does not hold an active Indiana teaching license, they may apply to the Indiana Department of Educator for a substitute teacher permit. The national background check must be completed and approved prior to applying for the substitute permit.
• Instructions for applying for the permit will be emailed to the applicant after approval of the national background check.
• The cost to the applicant for a three year substitute permit is $16.32 and payable online with a personal credit card.
4. Mandatory Orientation
• After all the above steps have been completed, an email will be sent to the applicant requesting their attendance at a required orientation. Orientation sessions are held once a month. Due to limited seating in the orientation room, applicants must respond to the email and confirm their attendance.
New substitute teachers are required to attend the orientation and complete all required employment forms before working in our schools.
IMPORTANT SYSTEM INFORMATION:
CRS Advanced Technology, the provider of the EVSC substitute and absence management system, SubFinder, was acquired by Frontline Technologies in the spring of 2015. Frontline Technologies has a similar substitute and absence management system, Aesop.
What does this mean for you? The SubFinder system has been retired and we are now transitioning to the Aesop substitute and management system for the start of the 2015-2016 school year. Aesop has many of the same features of the current SubFinder system and is very user friendly. Aesop also utilizes both the telephone and the Internet to assist you in locating jobs in the EVSC. Just like SubFinder, the Aesop system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Aesop uses three methods to make jobs available to substitutes:
1. You can search for and accept available jobs, change personal settings, update your calendar, and personalize your available call times by visiting Aesop on the internet at http://www.frontlinek12.com/aesop. If the employee has uploaded lesson plans on the Internet, you will be able to view them online once you take the job!
2. You may interact with the Aesop system by way of a toll-free, automated voice instruction menu at 1-800-942-3767. Here, you can proactively search for jobs and manage existing jobs. We recommend calling in to check the computer recording of your name by pressing Option 4.
3. Aesop will also make phone calls to substitutes to offer jobs. The administrative office has selected the following hours as standard call times when the Aesop service may call for substitutes: 5:30am-11:00am in the morning and 6:00pm-10:30pm in the evening. Aesop utilizes your current phone number on file for your Login ID. Therefore, it is important that you update your phone number when changes are made.
* If you have not completed the annual requirements per the May 1, 2015 email regarding necessary steps to remain active, your Aesop status has been inactivated and you will not be able to access vacancies until those requirements have been completed.
At this time, all substitutes have been emailed a welcome letter providing you with your Login ID and PIN number. If you have not received this email, please contact Debbie Haire @ 812-435-8420 or email@example.com.
* If you accept a job, Aesop will issue a confirmation number. Please remember that your transaction is not complete until Aesop supplies you with a confirmation number.
*Aesop will automatically make a recording of your name for Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation on the phone system. To review or change the recording of your name, call in to Aesop and select option 4.
The link below provides you with a brief training on the basics of the Aesop Substitute website.
The following subjects are covered.
- Logging in to Aesop
- The substitute’s Home Page
- Searching for available jobs
- Viewing and editing Personal Information
- How to change your PIN
- Where to find Help resources
We are confident that you will find the Aesop experience beneficial and enjoyable.
Should you experience difficulty using the Aesop system in any way, please contact EVSC Substitute Coordinator, Debbie Haire, by phone (812-435-8420) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).