Health & Wellness
The objective of the health and wellness program is to advance the health and well-being, academic success, and lifelong achievement of students. One of the ways that we provide care for students is by performing the health screenings each school year that are mandated by the State of Indiana.
During a school year, the following screenings are required to be completed at school:
* Vision --Distance and near vision acuity for all students in Kindergarten OR Grades 1, 3, 5, and 8, and any student suspected of having a vision issue
* Hearing -- Hearing screening for all students in Grades 1, 4, 7, and 10, and any student suspected of having a hearing issue
A parent may contact the school nurse if they have any questions or concerns regarding the required screenings.
Hand washing is easy to do and it's one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of many types of infection and illness. Clean hands can stop germs from spreading from one person to another.
When should you wash your hands?
Before eating food
After using the toilet
After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
What is the right way to wash your hands?
- Wet your hands with clean running water (warm or cold) and apply soap
- Rub your hands together to make a lather and scrub them well. Continue rubbing your hands for at least 20 seconds (Hum the "Happy Birthday" song from beginning to end twice)
- Rinse hands well under running water
- Dry hands with a towel, paper towel, or air dry