Seven students from the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation will be among approximately 5,000 high school students competing at the Business Professionals of America (BPA) national conference, May 10 - 14 in Orlando, Fl.
The following students have qualified to compete at the conference. The award they won at the state level and school is noted below.
• Dane Hancock, 5th place in Fundamental Desktop Publishing and 3rd in Digital Publishing, North
• Ashlyn Thompson, 3rd in Prepared Speech, North
• Kade Fleming, 5th in Digital Publishing, North
• Claudia Eder, 2nd in Medical Office Procedures, North
• Trinity Head, 2nd in Extemporaneous Speech, Reitz
• Emma Woods, 1st in Business Law and Ethics, Reitz
• Kennady Livers, 4th in Desktop Publishing, SICTC
The students advanced to the national competition by competing against nearly 1,500 students at the state level in Indianapolis this week. In order to advance, students had to finish in the top two for teamed events, the top three for judged events and the top five for written or computer tests. There also is an “open contest” where students who place in the top 10 are recognized with the option of attending the national competition.