• Scroll down for content


Biological parents have access to student records. If a picture ID matches the name of the parent listed on the birth certificate, records can be released by having a release of records signed at the school. If there is a court-issued block on accessing records, no records can be released.

Indiana Code allows for the assignment of educational custody to shift through an official change of the person assuming the DUTIES AND LIABILITIES of educational guardianship.

Indiana law allows for the assumption of educational guardianship in three instances:
Form I: One parent decides to give educational guardianship to the other parent in cases of divorce, separation, or abandonment.

Form II: A parent or guardian decides to give educational custody to a third party (Third-Party Custody Agreement)—OTHER than a parent—for one or more of these reasons: 
___ The student has been abandoned.
___The parent(s) are unable to support the student and are not changing custody to attend a particular school.
___The parents are living outside the United States and maintain no home in any school corporation.

Form III: One parent decides to give educational custody to the other parent to allow the student to attend school in a different public school cooperation.
Note: Both signatures of the parent/guardian and the person assuming responsibility for the child are required for the form to be valid. If either party later decides to dissolve the relationship, the form becomes null and void.

Call 812-435-8463 or email [email protected]12.com

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.