Transitional Placements

Students who are transferring from detention centers or DOC (Department of Corrections) placements are to make an appointment at the Office of Student Support Services. The parent/guardian and the student meet to discuss options for placement in EVSC schools. The parent/guardian will be asked to sign a consent in order to release records from the last school. Eighteen-year-old students sign their own releases. Based on gathered information and records, a determination will be made as to where the student can be best served—regular school, or other options.

Per Indiana Code, students returning from detention centers or DOC are to have an ISP (Individual Service Plan) per Indiana Code. This helps the school determine the best way to support the student.

Call 435-8489